Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU) is a U.S.-based non-profit organization that supports community-based alternatives to mainstream formal education. Since 2015, we’ve been running learning circles: in-person study groups for people who want to learn something together. Learning circles currently meet in public libraries and community centers around the world: our partners include public library systems in Chicago, Detroit, Boston, Kansas City, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Toronto, Berlin, Cologne, and Braga (PT) as well as national organizations in Kenya, Poland, Romania, and Finland.
P2PU’s role supporting learning circles is multi-faceted: we build open source software to support in-person learning communities, we train individuals to facilitate learning circles and maintain a virtual facilitator community of practice, we develop and curate open educational resources, and we help our partners build new pathways for community-based learning in their towns and cities.
We work closely alongside librarians, designers, researchers, and educators, but operationally we are a distributed 3-person team, based in Boston, Kingston (ON), and Cape Town. You will be the fourth team member. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position funded for one year with the hope and intent to extend. You can be based anywhere. To learn more about P2PU, visit our homepage.
The Production Lead role combines elements of communications and design as well as both product and project management. You’ll be responsible for determining what content gets produced within the learning circle ecosystem, as well as ensuring that it is produced in a way that is streamlined, mission-aligned, and valuable for our partners. Here are some of the things you’ll get to do in 2020:
- Develop a media production strategy for facilitators and learning circle participants to share their experiences through short videos, written testimonials, and social media.
- Project manage the development of learning circle training resources, communications materials and events, coordinating with designers, videographers, P2PU community, and partner library staff.
- Ensure P2PU brand and values are expressed across products and services and are well-suited to a variety of stakeholders.
- Lead internal review of learning circle feedback and serve as the primary collaboration partner for researchers and evaluators who are investigating learning circles.
- Integrate feedback, research, and evaluation findings into strong communications and public-facing resources across a variety of formats.
- Maintain social media accounts and develop effective communications strategies that enhance the impact of learning circles.
- Develop content for P2PU training resources and new online courses in partnership with subject matter experts.
- Contribute to written communications including newsletters, blog posts, grant proposals, and reports.
- Work with Development Lead to improve documentation/packaging of our various tools.
- Work with Community Lead to train facilitators and implement learning circles in new geographic areas (e.g. Europe) and contexts (e.g. community colleges).
- Work with Executive Director to assess organizational impact and evaluate new products and services.
- Clear communicator across a variety of mediums (blogs, online fora, video calls, slide decks, social media, face-to-face workshops) and with a variety of stakeholders (designers, developers, funders, librarians, and educators).
- Media producer who can storyboard and wireframe new videos, resources, campaigns, and physical products. Comfortable getting into the weeds with InDesign, Photoshop, and video editing software.
- Creative technologist who can create seamless workflows across platforms including Github, Google Suite, Discourse, Youtube, Mailchimp and Transifex.
- Design and detail-oriented, taking great pride in how our brand and values are presented on the web, in presentations, and in-person.
- Systems thinker who instinctually considers how everything we do contributes to the bigger picture.
- Intellectually curious and deeply passionate about challenging the hegemony of formal education through community-based learning. Desire to learn new things about both technology and education.
- Flexible thinker who can effortlessly jump from hypothesis testing and data analysis to ideation and open-ended brainstorming.
- Self-starter who knows when to follow operational processes and when to create new ones. You should be comfortable working in a primarily distributed/online setting and able to travel globally up to 4 weeks/year.
Please send a resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Lead” in the subject line by March 1, 2020. In your cover letter, please let us know how this work aligns with your personal and professional interests and why you are well suited for the job.
P2PU does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.