Support and Funding
P2PU is made possible by a global network of exceptional people and organizations who help or have helped us further our mission of opening the web up to the most effective kind of learning – peer to peer learning.
Our gratitude goes to:
- The Hewlett Foundation
- The Shuttleworth Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- Creative Commons
- University of California Irvine
- Aspiriation Tech
- The many friends and supporters who have hosted our workshops around the world, including Open University Catalunya in Barcelona, Palomar 5 in Berlin, The Loft Boys’ Club House in NYC, and the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
P2PU is also lucky to have had a group of wise and wonderful advisors who have offered their time and advice free of charge at key times in our history and today. (All Advisers act in their personal capacity and carry no responsibility for the content of this site or the activities of the P2PU.) For their insights and valued contributions, we want to thank them all:
- Ahrash Bissell Consultant on Innovation in Education and Science; William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Monterey Institute for Technology and Education, Mozilla Foundation, previously ED of CC Learn
- Mark Surman, Executive Director – Mozilla Foundation (blog)
- Steve Carson, External Relations Director – MIT OpenCourseWare, (OCW blog)
- Gary W. Matkin, Dean Continuing Education – University of California, Irvine
- David Wiley, Associate Professor of Instructional Psychology and Technology at Brigham Young University, Chief Openness Officer at the Open High School Utah, (opencontent.org and personal home page)
… and to all the people of P2PU who have worked hard to help spread high quality, zero cost, learning opportunities for all on the web. Thank you!!